Benedikt Steinbusch, FZJ, Germany
STATE-OF-THE-ART RESEARCH & INNOVATION, COMING TOGETHER
The Workshop On Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems (WOPSSS) aims to present state-of-the-art research, innovative ideas, and experience that focuses on the design and implementation of HPC storage systems in academic and industrial worlds, with a special interest on their performance analysis.
In our 5th edition, this year we’ll give our program a twist and address the system and operating system aspects of the storage stack. The addressed workloads remain in HPC, Big Data, Cloud, and Artificial Intelligence. All these data intensive domains have to overcome the I/O bottleneck by analyzing the performance, detecting parameters, restricting the performance and eventually providing I/O optimizations.
WOPSSS intends to encourage the discussion of these topics between researchers and practitioners from both the academic and the industrial worlds.
Call for Papers
The workshop is held in conjunction with EuroSys’20.
List of Topics (not limited to)
- AI and Deep Learning workload interactions with storage
- Storage systems modeling and analysis tools
- Feedback and empirical evaluation of storage systems
- Application I/O characterization
- Parallel I/O and Storage Systems: Consistency, caching, replication, reliability, and fault recovery overhead
- Network Challenges and Storage Systems: Scalability, QoS, Partitionability
- Low Latency Storage Systems Usability and Analysis: Memory-Only, Flash, NVRAM, Storage Class Memory
- File system design
- Cloud and distributed storage
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
Papers need to be submitted via Easychair (http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wopsss2020)
Papers are required to be formatted according to ACM SIG proceedings (https://www.acm.org/publications/authors/submissions)
The submissions are “single-blind”, i.e. submissions are allowed to include the author names.
WOPSSS workshop invites two types of submissions:
Regular papers (8 pages) discussing original contributions, experience reports, or work in progress reports (supported by initial validations);
Contributed talks, summarized in 2 page extended abstracts, reporting positions and visions for the future, identifying new challenges and research venues, or reports for early ongoing work.
- Submission deadline March 1st, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: March 21st, 2020
- Camera Ready Version: April 7th, 2020
- Workshop: April 27th, 2020
Aquila Atlantis Hotel, Heraklion, Greece,
Registration and Venue
This event is organized jointly with the EuroSys20 conference.
Carlo Cavazzoni, CINECA, Italy
Chongqing University, China
University Carlos III, Spain
Georges Markomanolis, Oarkridge National Lab, USA
City University of Hong-Kong, Hong-Kong
Universidad de Murcia, Spain
Judit Planas, EPFL, Switzerland
Konstantinos Chasapis, DDN, Germany
Loughborough University, UK
Leonardo Bautista, BSC, Spain
Marek Michalewicz, ICM, Poland
Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Versailles University, France